College and university course funding

The area of student finance can be a complicated and ever-changing one.

But don't worry. Funding is available to help you complete your studies, including bursaries to pay your tuition fees and loans to help with maintenance and travel costs.

There is also some discretionary funding available to help with childcare costs and unexpected hardship. This varies with each campus and can only be applied for once the course has started. Contact your campus Education Office for further details.

Higher education students

This includes HN (HNC/HND) and Degree courses.

Paying your fees

If you're paying your own fees or are sponsored, you'll need to fill out the Statement of Tuition Fees Liability form.

Further education students

This includes Certificate, introduction and NC courses

For help with student finance, further education funding, and other aspects of student life, visit the Student Information Scotland website.

Further information

Find out more about the funding options available.

Post-Brexit funding

Postgraduate funding

If you are a Scottish student you may be eligible to apply to SAAS for a tuition fee loan. The SAAS website is the best place to start your investigation.

Information about Postgraduate Masters Loans and Professional and Career Development Loans can be found on the Gov.UK website.

Some of our postgraduate courses are awarded by The University of Edinburgh or the University of Glasgow. For course-specific information about how to fund your study, search our course catalogue.

SRUC offers a 15% discount on tuition fees to SRUC alumni on its taught postgraduate programmes awarded through the University of Glasgow, namely the Masters and Postgraduate Diplomas in:

  • Agricultural Professional Practice (Online)
  • Wildlife and Conservation Management (Online)
  • Organic Farming (Online)
  • MSc Animal Nutrition

Further information

Residence arrangements for EU/EEA/Swiss Nationals

SAAS have produced a guide for staff in colleges and universities with responsibility for determining the fee status of students. This guide sets out residency conditions for EU, EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members, and UK nationals living in the EU, who are studying courses of further and higher education in Scotland from the start of the academic year 2021-22. It may be of interest to you if you fall into one of these categories. You can read the guide here.

Are you part of the SRUC alumni?

SRUC alumni are eligible for a discount of up to 15% on SRUC postgraduate courses. For more information see the Postgraduate funding section above.

Student Financing FAQs

Got some questions about student financing? No problem, have a read through the FAQs below.