From 18th of August, we will be sending out emails detailing the enrolment/matriculation process. The email will be sent to the email address which you supplied when you applied for your course.

What you need to do to enrol

When you have received your email, please follow the step by step instructions to enrol. If you get stuck, there will be details included about how to get help and support.

Once you are enrolled as an SRUC student you’ll be asked to upload a photo of yourself for your matriculation (student) card. Normally we produce our own matriculation cards but this year, due to COVID19, they are being produced by an external supplier and will be posted directly to your home address towards the end of September. Please ensure you upload your photo by 31st August.

If you are a late applicant, you will get your matriculation card as soon as possible after the start of term.

Help to upload your photograph

Set up your digital workspace

Setting up your digital workspace

Make sure that you can access your email, essential applications and understand how to do things like join the wifi, print documents and save files.
Set up your digital workspace

Is your IT sorted?

Please complete this form to help us make sure you have all of the IT resources needed to take part in online teaching.
Complete the IT resources form

Funding information

Make sure you've got all of your fees and funding arrangements made before starting at SRUC.


Higher education students

This includes HN (HNC/HND) and Degree courses.

Paying your fees

If you're paying your own fees or are sponsored, you'll need to fill out the Statement of Tuition Fees Liability form.

Further education students

This includes Certificate, introduction and NC courses

For help with student finance, further education funding, and other aspects of student life, visit the Student Information Scotland website.

Further information

Find out more about the funding options available.

Postgraduate funding

If you are a Scottish student you may be eligible to apply to SAAS for a tuition fee loan. The SAAS website is the best place to start your investigation.

Information about Postgraduate Masters Loans and Professional and Career Development Loans can be found on the Gov.UK website.

Some of our postgraduate courses are awarded by The University of Edinburgh or the University of Glasgow. For course-specific information about how to fund your study, search our course catalogue.

Further information

Residence arrangements for EU/EEA/Swiss Nationals

SAAS have produced a guide for staff in colleges and universities with responsibility for determining the fee status of students. This guide sets out residency conditions for EU, EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members, and UK nationals living in the EU, who are studying courses of further and higher education in Scotland from the start of the academic year 2021-22. It may be of interest to you if you fall into one of these categories. You can read the guide here.

For more information, visit our dedicated fees and funding pages.

The year ahead and how we're keeping safe throughout Coronavirus

Due to the coronavirus outbreak, this year will be unusual for all of us.

To help maintain safe physical distancing, we are moving to a blended learning approach across all of our campuses. This also gives us flexibility should we need to close a campus at short notice due to a local outbreak to minimise any possible disruption to your studies.

To manage physical distancing, we will be organising you into groups of classmates and lecturers who will be on campus together, but only for practical sessions and workshops. Lectures will take place virtually. This means that you will be on campus for several shorter periods spread out over the course of the whole academic year.

We’ll be providing information about the dates for your on-campus sessions soon and we hope you enjoy spending time with your classmates.

Read our FAQ's for students about Coronavirus

Health and wellbeing

Get links to resources and find out more about how SRUC can help you when it comes to looking after your physical and mental health whilst studying.

Read more about health and wellbeing at SRUC

Timetables and term dates

The mySRUC app will help you to see if and when you are likely to be on campus, so that you can plan any travel and accommodation that you might need, as well as look ahead to any work or caring commitments you might need to consider. 

Download the mySRUC app for iOS.

Download the mySRUC app for Android.

Download the key dates and timetable information for 2020/2021.

Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)

If you require outdoor clothing and recommended Kit/PPE you can order through the following links to our supplier, Guthries.   

The Further Education Link is for courses such as National Certificate that receive bursary funding for these items.  The link takes you to the relevant course and lists of items needed, just add your details and they will provide them.   

The Higher Education Link is for courses such as Higher National Certificate/Diploma and Degree where recommended items may be purchase by you at your own cost.   

Please see the Kit lists to find out what you need.

If you have any queries please contact your Programme Team Leaders or Tutors for further details.    

All items purchased will be posted to your home address by Guthries. Please contact Guthries ( or directly if you have any queries or issues with the items purchased. Guthries phone number - 01506 419 167 

Order your PPE from Gurthries.

Please note that if you are receiving boiler suits, they are likely to be blue and not green. Also, bulk/one size fits all items such as earplugs, gloves, hair nets, coveralls etc, will be delivered to Campuses and be distributed from there.


A huge welcome to each and every one of you from SRUCSA

We at SRUCSA would like to welcome you with open arms. We are what every student needs…a voice. We can do so much for you as students, from listening to your needs and concerns to aiding with societies, liaising with you and advocating for you.

Our website has been refreshed for this year to follow in line with our restructure and we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to click on the link below. Once you have done so feel free to have a browse.

If you have any queries please just ask! We can be contacted at

Meet the SRUCSA team

A guide for parents, guardians and carers: starting college life at SRUC

It takes time to learn how to be a parent of a college student, whether they leave home or under current circumstances are studying remotely. Read our guide for more information on starting college life at SRUC.

Read our guide for parents, guardians and carers

Forms checklist

Before you get started, make sure you've filled out all of the forms that apply to you.

IT resources form
Everyone should fill this in so we can make sure you have everything you need to take part in online teaching.

Student support assessment form
We would encourage all students to fill this in and return it to us, so that we can make sure that you have everything you need. We recommend that students with additional or complex needs are supported to complete this form by an appropriate person (e.g. parent/ carer/ social worker/ school etc.)

Student vehicle registration form
If you are looking to bring your car to either the Edinburgh, Aberdeen or Oatridge campus, you'll need to apply for a permit using this form.

Coach transport form - only available of students studying at Craibstone, Aberdeen.
Use this form if you are studying at Craibstone Estate in Aberdeen and need to use coach transport to get you to and from the campus.

Statement of tuition fee liability form
If you're paying your own fees or are sponsored, you will need to fill out this form.