Testing on your return in 2021

In line with guidance from the Scottish Government, we are asking all students returning to SRUC in the new term who are changing address (i.e. staying in accommodation longer term) to book an asymptomatic test on their return. Those staying in SRUC accommodation over the winter break are also asked to book a test in January.

Two tests are required, taken three days apart.

Dates for the start of the new term (assuming no changes from the government) are as follows:

  • Week beginning 4 January 2021: The first day of teaching will be 5 January and on-campus activity will be limited to time-critical assessments, work placements and other essential teaching
  • Week beginning 11 January 2021:  On-campus activity will be limited to time-critical assessments, work placements and other essential teaching
  • Week beginning 18 January 2021: Return to blended learning that was delivered before the start of your holiday

Students are reminded that you should not travel back to your term-time address if you experience the symptoms of Covid-19. If you have symptoms you should immediately self-isolate and book a PCR test through NHS Inform or by calling 0800 028 2816.

Details for asymptomatic testing on your return to campus is below.

Testing FAQ

To find out if you may need a test, please see the FAQ below.

Student support FAQ's

Some help if you're already a student with us.

Funding advice

Please visit our funding pages for information on available funding.

Student attendance

SRUC Campuses are now open and we are operating a blended approach to learning and teaching. This blended approach will, for example, include online delivery of theory classes and some on campus delivery of practical skills. We ask that you engage with all learning opportunities and assessment that SRUC teaching staff make available to you.

Student Results and Graduation

Graduation and results questions.

Impact on studies

How Covid-19 may impact your studies with us.

How we're adapting our campuses

Information about how we're keeping safe in campus buildings and adapting our facilities and services.

Postgraduate research

This section should be read in conjunction with the advice for PGR students from your degree awarding partner. The majority of our students are registered with the University of Edinburgh but please check with your degree awarding university or school within that university.


Information on our library services.

To ensure that your query is dealt with as effectively as possible, please use the following email addresses when contacting Senior Tutors or other support staff: