College and university course funding

The area of student finance can be a complicated and ever-changing one.

But don't worry. Funding is available to help you complete your studies, including bursaries to pay your tuition fees and loans to help with maintenance and travel costs.

There is also some discretionary funding available to help with childcare costs and unexpected hardship. This varies with each campus and can only be applied for once the course has started. Contact your campus Education Office for further details.

Higher education students

This includes HN (HNC/HND) and Degree courses.

Paying your fees

If you're paying your own fees or are sponsored, you'll need to fill out the Statement of Tuition Fees Liability form.

Further education students

This includes Certificate, introduction and NC courses

For help with student finance, further education funding, and other aspects of student life, visit the Student Information Scotland website.

Further information

Find out more about the funding options available.

Postgraduate funding

If you are a Scottish student you may be eligible to apply to SAAS for a tuition fee loan. The SAAS website is the best place to start your investigation.

Information about Postgraduate Masters Loans and Professional and Career Development Loans can be found on the Gov.UK website.

Some of our postgraduate courses are awarded by The University of Edinburgh or the University of Glasgow. For course-specific information about how to fund your study, search our course catalogue.

Further information

Are you part of the SRUC alumni?

SRUC alumni are eligible for a discount of up to 15% on SRUC postgraduate courses. Find out more.