100% of our Higher Education Veterinary Nursing graduates and 100% of our Level 3 Diploma students secured employment at the end of their studies.
Veterinary Nursing is a career that involves planning and providing care for a wide variety of patients; mainly dogs, cats, rabbits and other small mammals but also birds, reptiles and horses.
Some vet nurses may also be involved in dealing with farm animals. Animal Nursing/Care Assistants provide a valuable contribution to the veterinary team by supporting qualified vets and veterinary nurses in the care and treatment of patients.
SRUC’s Veterinary Nursing programmes are recognised by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons as delivering a high quality education and learning experience.
This is supported by excellent clinical teaching facilities and a range of experienced clinical placements within veterinary practices across the UK.
There are many opportunities to develop your career in veterinary nursing.
• RVNs may specialise in an area of veterinary nursing practice that interests them or in referral practices, emergency or veterinary/university hospitals.
• RVNs can also undertake further studies and gain advanced qualifications in various subject areas e.g. medicine, surgery, exotics, behaviour and emergency and critical care.
• Many veterinary nurses follow a career pathway that leads to senior nurse level, head nurse and also practice management or ownership.
• Often experienced nurses are involved in training student nurses in a vet training practice by becoming a Clinical Coach or a tutor or lecturer.
• Industry roles may involve pharmaceutical companies, pet foods, nutrition, and insurance companies.
Forge a career caring for a wide variety of animals.
- Level 3 Diploma
- BSc/BSc (Hons)
This course is now full for 2020.
- Level 2 Diploma
The ability to care for animals is a skill required in a wide range of organisations and nationally-recognised qualifications are now required by the majority of employers
- NC Introduction
ABC Level 2 Certificate Animal Nursing Assistant
Animal Nursing Assistants provide a valuable contribution to the veterinary team by supporting qualified vets and veterinary nurses in the care and treatment of patients.
- ABC Level 2