SVQ/Modern Apprentice Trainer and Assessor - Equine
Job title: SVQ/Modern Apprentice Trainer and Assessor - Equine
Salary: £25,345 per annum
Location: SRUC Elmwood, Fife
Closing date: 16 March 2021
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
The successful candidate will be based at SRUC’s Elmwood Campus in Cupar, Fife as part of the Veterinary and Animal Sciences Department within the North Faculty of SRUC. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience of preparing teaching material and assessing Modern Apprenticeship students up to level 6 in Horse Care. The role will require on-site assessment visits across Scotland and a clean driving licence is therefore essential.
The role requires the candidate to:
- Be an active and engaged member of the Equine Team
- Have a student-focused approach to teaching and learning and be able to engage students in a practical environment
- Preparation of practical activities
- Delivering practical tuition and assessments to a high standard
- Conducting student assessments in accordance with Awarding Body standards
- Maintaining appropriate records of teaching and assessment
- Maintaining appropriate records of attendance
- Attending internal and external meetings as required
- Updating of personal skills and qualifications
- Contribute to checking the validity of assessment against the performance criteria being assessed, as part of SRUC’s quality assurance internal moderation processes
- Actively engage in SRUC’s quality enhancement and communication strategies and their associated procedures
- Actively engage in SRUC’s performance management processes
- Develop and maintain links with relevant industry contacts in their curriculum area
To be considered for this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- BHS Stage 4 Senior Coach (II)
- BHS SVQ Assessor
- L&D 9Di (Previously A1). WBL assessor (or progress towards these qualifications)
You should possess a good knowledge of BHS QA procedure and requirements and a thorough knowledge of equine care and husbandry.
You should have appropriate and proven experience in delivery and assessing of work-based learning – including teaching and assessing experience in riding and practical equine husbandry to students from a range of different backgrounds and experience levels.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Job Particulars document which you must read before applying for this role. This is downloadable when you click the link below.
Please download and read the Job Particulars document before proceeding with your application.
To apply for this role, please use the SRUC online application system.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
Leading the way in agricultural and rural research, education and consultancy
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
Find out more about working for SRUC
Learn about our application and selection process, pre-employment checks, eligibility and more.