Programme/Team Leader in Veterinary Nursing
Job title: Programme/Team Leader in Veterinary Nursing
Salary: £44,041 - £47,382 per annum
Location: SRUC Barony, Dumfries
Closing date: 28 March 2021
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
The position of full time Programme/Team Leader within the Veterinary & Animal Sciences Department of SRUC is based at the Barony Campus near Dumfries in the beautiful Dumfries & Galloway region. In this role, you will work with the Head of Department and play a key role in managing the team in the planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality education and training provision in a range of Veterinary Nursing and related subjects up to degree level.
Team Leader Responsibilities
- To carry out the day-to-day management of the Veterinary Nursing team
- To lead the team in the development of new and current provision to post graduate level - including research opportunities
- Review teaching programmes and the utilisation of teaching and research resources
- Engage the team in income generation and enterprise activities to maintain and extend the financial base of the department
- Ensure the team adheres to quality systems in order to ensure high standards are achieved and maintained
- Develop and maintain links internally with other groups within the organisation and externally with the profession in order to enrich the curriculum and ensure it remains up to date
- To lead the Veterinary Nursing team in the annual planning cycle
General Teaching Responsibilities
- Preparation of learning materials
- Development of programmes as required
- Deliver programmes of education and training to appropriate academic and vocational standards
- Undertaking year tutor responsibilities
- Providing educational guidance, counselling and tutorials as required
- Attending Careers Evenings, College promotional events, local and national shows to provide advice to those interested in working in all areas of the land-based sector
- Attending internal and external meetings as required
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for this role should possess a relevant academic qualification and be a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) or Registered Veterinary Surgeon (MRCVS) and have extensive experience of both the Veterinary Nursing profession and working in the further/higher education sector.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Candidate Brief document which you must read before applying for this role. This is downloadable when you click the link below.
Please download and read the Job Particulars document before proceeding with your application.
To apply for this role, please use the SRUC online application system.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
Leading the way in agricultural and rural research, education and consultancy
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
Find out more about working for SRUC
Learn about our application and selection process, pre-employment checks, eligibility and more.